Tuesday 13 December 2011

Washing Art Yarns


Now the evenings are long and dark, the wind is howling and rain is slashing agaisnt the window I am having a lovely time sitting  at my wheel playing with colour and texture.  Quite suddenly I can't  get enough and look forward every evening to  to the time when I can sit down and spin.  This is when I rnew my stock of art yarns  which have  been selling like hot cakes  but I do have a few up on my website.    Here I couldn't   resist a photo of the yarns being washed.  I thought it showed them off quite well!  I wash the  yarn for a very short time in very hot water with a little of my lovely  organic shampoo so the yarn hangs nice and straight and it firms up soft fibres a bit.
Of course every scrap of fibre is naturally dyed.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pink one, all natural of course....beautiful combos..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cedar . Ilke it too. :) I have always liked pinks oand oranges I think it stops pink looking too sickly.

    ReplyDelete